In open water it’s highly recommended :
- To check the water temperature and if needed to wear wetsuit
- To check the currents.
- To check boat trafficking.
- To avoid swimming while there are thunders.
- Avoid diving in unknown waters.
- Always inform a contact person for your activities.
- Prefer to swim at beaches where there is lifeguard supervision.
- Hydrate regularly.
- Wear a swim cap (orange, yellow red).
- Have a second pair of swim goggles.
- Use anti-fog liquid.
- Swim 3-4 hours after your last lunch.
Text :Giannis Psarelis – Athens Triathlon Team Head Coach & Triathlon World Editor (Email : firstname.lastname@example.org/ Mobile : +306937170260)