Athens was the host city of the 2004 Olympic Games. In order to be able to host with success these games the greek governments have rebuild the majority of the training installations that exist in Athens. Unfortunately the Hellenic ministry of Tourism has never made an ad campaing in order to promote the excellent training facilities that exist in Athens.
The suburbs of Athens is an ideal place for triathlon training :
- There are more swimming pools than in any other city in Europe.
- There are plenty places for safe open water swims (there are more blue flags beaches than any other country) , e.g. Vouliagmeni which was the Triathlon Olympic venue
- There are many low traffic roads at the suburbs of Athens and there is also the possibility to train at training – ex Olympic venues where cars are not allowed.
- 400m tracks with soft surface are also available
- Many private sport laboratories offer the possibility for cycling and running tests.
- Many private top gyms offer to their customers excellent facilities for weight training.
The sun always shines at the south suburbs of Athens and you will never miss a training session.
For more information please contact Giannis Psarelis : info@triathlonworld – Mobile : +0306937170260